405 Main Street, Suite 1050
Houston, TX 77002
Phone: 713-224-4040
Fax: 713-223-1875

Our Other Sites / Information Centers

Houston Criminal Defense Lawyer Blog
Visit our blog for more information about
criminal defense law and cases.

Immigration Help
Get help with immigration and naturalization issues.

Sex Crimes Help
Visit our sex crimes website for more information.

Drug Crimes Help
Visit our Houston drug crime defense if you've been charged.

Record Sealing Help
Seal your criminal record! Visit Houston record sealing.

DWI Defense
Visit our Houston DWI defense website
for more information.

Juvenile Defense
Visit our Houston Juvenile defense website
for more information.

Spanish Language Websites

Abogado Criminal
Visita Houston abogado de criminal defensa.

Abogado de DWI
Visita Houston abogado de DWI.

Practice Areas



Record Sealing

Non-Disclosure & Criminal Record Sealing

Despite what you've heard, your record isn't automatically sealed when you complete deferred adjudication probation. (Deferred adjudication probation is a type of probation that allows you charges to be dismissed when you complete your probation satisfactorily.) To seal your records after your deferred adjudication probation, you need to file a petition for non-disclosure.

A non-disclosure doesn't wipe your record clean -- for that you need to file for expunction -- but it does make it unavailable to the general public.

You may have the opportunity to file for non-disclosure and move on with your life if you:

  • Pled guilty or no contest to a Class A or B misdemeanor or felony
  • Completed deferred adjudication probation
  • Waited the appropriate length of time since your case was dismissed

The waiting period for felonies is five years from the date of dismissal. For most misdemeanors, the waiting period is two years.

You are ineligible for non-disclosure if you have previously been convicted of or placed on probation for any of the following:

  • Indecency with a child
  • Sexual assault
  • Aggravated sexual assault
  • Prohibited sexual conduct (incest)
  • Aggravated kidnapping
  • Burglary of a habitation with the intent to commit any of the above offenses
  • Compelling prostitution
  • Sexual performance by a child
  • Possession of production of child pornography
  • Unlawful restraint, kidnapping, or aggravated kidnapping of anyone under the age of 17
  • Attempt, conspiracy, or solicitation to commit any of these listed offenses
  • Capital murder
  • Murder
  • Injury to a child, elderly individual, or disabled individual
  • Abandoning or endangering a child
  • Violation of protective order or magistrate's order
  • Stalking
  • Any other offense involving family violence

To start the non-disclosure process, call attorney David Breston at 713-224-4040. David Breston also specializes in juvenile non-disclosure and criminal record sealing; for more information, please see our juveniles page.






Home | Expunction | Non-Disclosure | Juvenile Record Sealing | FAQ | About | Contact | Site Map | Blog

Houston Drug Crimes Lawyer | Houston Criminal Lawyer | Houston Sex Crime Attorney | Houston Drunk Driving Attorney |
Abogado De DWI Houston | Abogado De Defensa Houston

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You
should consult a lawyer for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Copyright © 2012 HoustonRecordSealing.com | Website Design by iLawyermarketing.com